We're pleased to announce a special $99 rate for delegates attending the Summit on the New American City at Kansas City's Marriott Downtown hotel. The rate is available for booking through this website's registration process. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Summit on the New American City will be held in one of the United States' finest venues, the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
The full two days of presentation and panel discussion will take place in Kauffman's Helzberg Hall (pictured below), with reception and networking breaks to be held in the BrandMeyer Great Hall.
To learn more about the Kauffman Center, please visit their website.
Join us there!
CityAge is a platform for dialogue, designed to amplify new ideas in business, government and society. We hold events across North America to explore and develop the partnerships between business, decision makers and thought leaders who are building our 21st-Century's urban future. CityAge is a partnership between Miro Cernetig and Marc Andrew.
Prior CityAge events have been organized in partnership with the Vancouver Economic Commission in Vancouver (Vancouver Cities Summit), and the MaRS Discovery District in Toronto (The Innovation City).
For further information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
about The New American City
The United States is one of the world’s most urban nations. Eighty per cent of Americans live and work in cities. The reality is cities are the engine of the American economy. That means how we build – and rebuild – America’s cities, how we plan them, how we attract businesses and investments to them and restore their fiscal health, is key to the country’s economic renewal.
The economic crisis has left its mark on the nation’s urban areas. So, too, have decades of infrastructure neglect, poor planning, fiscal downloading and the neglect of communities. But U.S. cities are also emerging as powerful catalysts for recovery. Cities are the nation’s principal source of innovation. They are the laboratories of the technologies and partnerships that will help re-invigorate the American economy.
Nowhere is that fact more apparent than in Kansas City. Located in the heart of the country, with a population that matches the national demographic, it is an iconic and representative American city. And it is pioneering the new urban ideas, digital technologies and innovative partnerships that will improve urban life in the 21st Century. Kansas City and its citizens are partnering with the private sector and non-profit sector to turn it into one of the most digitally connected cities in the world. Innovative policies and partnerships with banks, foundations and citizens are renewing its urban core, attracting people downtown again and rebuilding neighborhoods. And Kansas City is investing in the arts and in sport to ensure its cultural institutions will be a foundation of this urban renaissance.
These facts make Kansas City an ideal host for a national and international conversation on the future of the American city. Held in December 2012, at the invitation of Mayor Sylvester (Sly) James, the Kansas City Summit will assemble forward-thinking mayors, entrepreneurs, business leaders, urban visionaries and citizens from America and abroad at the Kauffman Centre for The Performing Arts for a two-day conversation on the ideas and partnerships that are renewing cities, both in America and around the world.
Speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available. For further information, please contact Marc Andrew at: email@example.com or Miro Cernetig at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Ontario plans to become the world’s top technology hub | VentureBeat learn more
- What’s going on in Philadelphia's Office of New Urban Mechanics | Drexel: learn more
- A gorgeous video of 1927 London: learn more
- Why smart entrepreneurs should care about #SmartCities | TechCrunch learn more
- @RachelEKwan Terrific question. Or, how can we treat community goodwill as a resource that can be fostered and grown w/ right support?
- #cityage The conversation goes global in New York, June 18. Join us at learn more You get a special gift if you attended Toronto
- It's a wrap! A huge thanks to our speakers, sponsors and participants. Content will be posted soon on learn more #CityAge
- Terrific panel “@ademuy: Thanks to fellow panelists for brilliant discussion @CityAge @mayor_jeff @croneill @sharpproject”
- @neville_park Unfortunately Mayor Crombie had to step out, but we will make sure to pass along everyone's applause!